Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Banana Cookies

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!  Especially those who loved ones are either gone overseas or no longer with us.  We were all thinking of them yesterday, enjoying the freedom that we have because of them.  We spent Sunday and Monday at my dad and mom's cottage.  It was fun, and hot and the kids especially enjoyed it!

So anyway back to the cookies.  I am sure everyone has a brown banana or a couple of brown bananas every once in a while.  Well I do, nobody likes to eat them around here if they have too many spots on them.  So instead of making the normal banana bread or muffins, I tried out cookies!  I have to say they were pretty delish!    My recipe tasters also decided they were pretty good, because they did not last long around here!  So here is the recipe it was easy too!


Banana Cookies Recipe

  • 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 egg, room temperature
  • 1 cup of mashed bananas (about 2 ½ large bananas)
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 2 cups of flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground mace or nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
  • 1 cup of pecans (walnuts and chocolate chips are fine alternatives)

METHOD

1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
2 In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda. Let sit for 2 minutes. The baking soda will react with the acid in the bananas which in turn will give the cookies their lift and rise.
3 Mix the banana mixture into the butter mixture. Mix together the flour, salt, and spices and sift into the butter and banana mixture and mix until just combined.
4 Fold into the batter the pecans or chocolate chips if using. Drop in dollops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until nicely golden brown. Let cool on wire racks.
Makes about 30 cookies.

My switches in the recipe, are no nuts I just used chocolate chips and I used nutmeg.  



I think they turned out delicious.  So I hope you enjoy them.  Until next time...Kim


Thank you to athomewithk.blogspot.com, (http://athomewithk.blogspot.com/2012/06/terrific-under-ten-tuesday-64.html) for featuring these cookies!!






Linked to these fab parties:  funkypolkadotgiraffe  serendipityandspice  nap-timecreations  jillifyit  athomewithk  uncommondesignsonline  debbiedoescreations  polkadotsonparade  djssugarshack  katiesnestingspot  the36thavenue  whatscookinglove  
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. C is for cookie that's good enough for me. Love the addition of the banana. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool banana cookies never seen this before... I would love if you shared them on foodie friday today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby loves EVERYTHING banana so I am going to have to try these! Thanks so much for sharing at Toot Your Horn Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cookies looks delicious. What a great way to use old bananas. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday. I hope to see you at the next party!

    ReplyDelete