Friday, February 1, 2013

New found Love

Thank goodness it's Friday!!! I always love this day! My girl and I are having a slow morning together which to me is the best kind of day. One thing that bothers my husband about me is how I like to change things frequently around our house. He figures why change it up if it is nice the way it is. I must have some of my mom in me because I feel like she was always changing things around the house and completing new projects. Since I am not making any big changes lately I have to look to my decor and things that I have hanging around the house to change. He couldn't understand why I would want to change something that I had already created, but I am glad I did. I like it much better.

I once blogged about how I took this old frame and changed it into a welcome sign by stenciling on fabric. This is how it looked before I put the fabric in and then below that is how it turned out after.

 
So after I have had this welcome sign hanging in our house for a while I decided to pull off the fabric which I once put on the back of the frame and replace it with some chicken wire. I took a trip to the craft store to purchase the letter R and painted it. To make it look a little bit more antiqued like the frame I rubbed some stain on it. I then attached it to the middle of the chicken wire frame and placed it in the middle of my mantle (which I also revamped). I am so much more satisfied with the new use for the old frame. It's all about the little touches. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!

Pin It!

1 comment: